Vice President Joe Biden told Florida radio station WLRN on Thursday that voters should hold President Barack Obama, not former President George W. Bush, accountable for the poor state of America’s economy.
“Right now, understandably — totally legitimate — this is a referendum on Obama and Biden and the nature of the state of the economy,” Biden said.
Polls indicating that more Americans blame Bush for the economy than Obama are not relevant, Biden said.
“Even though fifty-some percent of the American people think that the economy tanked because of the last administration, that’s not relevant,” Biden stressed. “What’s relevant is we’re in charge. And right now we are the ones in charge and it’s gotten better, but it hasn’t gotten good enough.”
“I don’t blame them for being mad. We’re in charge,” Biden explained.
- Joe Biden: Economy Belongs to Us, Not Bush (michellemalkin.com)
- Off message? – The economy is ours, Biden says (politico.com)
- Biden on the Economy: ‘We’re in Charge’ (abcnews.go.com)
- Joe Biden: The Economy Belongs To Us, “We’re In Charge” (Audio) (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Deal broker? – Biden: W.H. may ‘negotiate’ on bill (politico.com)
- Najafi looking with Biden’s withdrawal of U.S. troops from the country (thecurrencynewshound.com)
- ‘My leg is your leg’ – Biden woos the ladies of ‘The View’ (politico.com)
- Ramrods and Red Sox – Biden touts Obama’s backbone (politico.com)
- Voters to Obama: Stop blaming Bush for your economic mess (capitolhillblue.com)
- Obama Resigns! (weeklyworldnews.com)