“The job creators we hear from… they don’t have their hand out. They don’t want a bailout,” says Rep. Renee Ellmers (R-NC) – a small business owner – in the latest Weekly Republican Address. “All they ask us to do is get government out of the way.” Watch the video here, click here for highlights, and learn more below about the Republican Plan for America’s Job Creators which is focused on removing barriers to job growth – i.e., getting government out of the way of job creators:
House Passes Two More Jobs Bills As Part of GOP Plan for America’s Job Creators:
- As part of the GOP Plan for America’s Job Creators, the House passed two more jobs bills last week: a bill eliminating permit delays that stifle energy production and one streamlining the patent process to help America’s innovators.
- Job creators testified to Congress in support of four new American Energy Initiative bills that will eliminate excessive barriers to renewable energy production and help create jobs.
- Here’s a quick overview of the jobs bills Republicans have passed so far aimed at stopping policies that drive up energy prices and expanding energy production.
- Rep. Geoff Davis (R-KY) launched a new website highlighting the REINS Act, Pledge to America legislation designed to eliminate excessive regulations and red tape that hold back job growth.
- The Office of the Speaker launched a new Facebook tab highlighting the Republican Plan for America’s Job Creators. Check it out here.
Democrats Are Focused on Spending, Taxing, & Regulating – Not Jobs:
- The Democrats running Washington admit they’re not focused on creating jobs. Instead, they want more job-crushing tax hikes, more failed “stimulus” spending, and more regulations.
- Democrats are also proposing an increase in the debt limit that raises taxes and fails to cut spending in a meaningful way. Speaker Boehner said such a proposal won’t be accepted by the American people – and can’t pass the House.
- Stanford economist John B. Taylor says “it would be very harmful to have a tax rate increase.”
- The non-partisan Congressional Budget Office (CBO) says “higher marginal tax rates do reduce economic activity to some extent by views of most economists.”
- The CBO also says the current trajectory of government “spending growth would cause federal debt to grow to unsustainable levels” and hurt job growth. And yet Democrats want more.
- The Obama Administration is also taking heat for its National Labor Relations Board’s (NLRB) job-crushing effort to block Boeing from building planes in South Carolina.
- The White House admits increasing energy supplies will lower costs for families and small businesses, but it continues to block energy production that would create new American jobs.
- A Bloomberg News survey found “a majority of Americans” (including 40 percent of Democrats) “say job growth would best be revived with prescriptions favored by” Republicans, including cutting spending and preventing tax hikes on American families and small businesses.
- Geithner Raise Taxes !!! (2012patriot.wordpress.com)
- Treasury Sec. Geithner: We Need To Raise Taxes On Small Businesses Because It’s ‘Fair’ (Video) (thedaleygator.wordpress.com)
- What does a Govt. Shut Down mean for you? (smacktalkradio.wordpress.com)
- Geithner (maxredline.typepad.com)
- Geithner: ‘Increase Taxes on Small Businesses So We Won’t Have to Shrink Government’ (sfcmac.wordpress.com)
- Democrats push spending, tax cuts (capitolhillblue.com)
- House Leadership Cheers and Jeers Latest Jobs Report (blogs.abcnews.com)
- What happened to ‘Recovery Summer’? (thehill.com)
- Employment report spurs battle over private versus public jobs (thehill.com)
- Fighting for the Largest Spending Cuts Possible to Help Create Jobs (jamespatrick1.wordpress.com)
- Top GOP Economist Warns Against Govt Default (talkingpointsmemo.com)
- Will Republicans Shutdown the Gov’t? (culturalhealth.blogspot.com)
- GOP Rep: Gov’t. workers need to ‘find a real job’ | Raw Replay (elmsprogressivemedia.wordpress.com)
- Keep politics out of govt. contracts (politico.com)
- US GOVT Needs More Revenue! (goodolewoody.wordpress.com)