It happens as Customs and Border Protection inspectors try to figure out what to do.
A CBP spokesperson says they got on the phone with Mexican authorities after being alerted that the military trucks were heading their direction loaded down with soldiers and weapons.
Mexican leaders say the soldiers, who had just been deployed to Nuevo Laredo, didn’t know the area, got lost and then made their way through Bridge Two.
It’s important to note that CBP did not tell us about the potentially serious situation. It came from another law enforcement agency.
Some callers to our newsroom were upset inspectors allowed the Mexican military to get so close to all those inspection booths over at Bridge Number Two.
- Mexican Invasion! United States Objects To Mexican Troops Briefly Entering U.S. (jonathanturley.org)
- No more PD in Nuevo Laredo, just martial law for now (quefregados.wordpress.com)
- Arizona Sheriff: ‘If Decapitating Police Officers Is Not Terrorism, What is?’: More Troops At Korean Border Than Deadly U.S. Mexican Border. (politicalvelcraft.org)
- Danger From The South Increasing (loopyloo305.wordpress.com)
- Tanks for Mexican Drug Cartels ??? (2012patriot.wordpress.com)
- Mexican marines seize nearly 30,000 rounds of ammo (chron.com)
- Obama Encourages Mexican Gangs and Mexican Government Lawsuits (dewgeneral.wordpress.com)
- Viral Story & Video: Chinese Military Base or Mexican Housing Development? Internet Rumor Mill Analysis (altnewsreport.wordpress.com)
- National Guard on Border at Least 3 More Months (foxnews.com)
- A Helpful Suggestion For Felipe Calderón (minx.cc)