An actor impersonating President Barack Obama mocked the Republican presidential hopefuls and made jokes about the real president’s biracial roots to a room full of conservative activists on Saturday.
The Republican Leadership Conference turned the podium over to impersonator Reggie Brown, who drew raucous applause from the GOP‘s supporters when he projected lewd photos of disgraced and resigned Rep. Anthony Weiner on Saturday. Brown returned to Weiner when describing former House Speaker Newt Gingrich’s campaign: “His supporters are dropping faster than Anthony Weiner‘s pants.”
The room grew more uncomfortable as Brown turned to the candidates who are looking to make Obama a one-term president.
Brown took a shot at former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty, who missed the conference because “he’s having his foot surgically removed from his mouth.”
“Don’t worry: it’s covered under Obamneycare. Along with spinal transplants,” Brown said.
Pawlenty has struggled this week after previewing his criticism of Romney’s health care overhaul in Massachusetts that was a model for Democrats’ national plan. Pawlenty first called it “Obamneycare,” a hybrid of Romneycare and Obamacare. But when given the shot to use the term while sharing the stage with Romney on a debate, he balked.
Pawlenty later said it was a mistake not to offer a stronger criticism.
The impersonator also made a joke about Romney’s Mormon faith and polygamy, and Rep. Michele Bachmann’s tea party support.
Organizers then cut off Brown’s microphone and turned on music.
Brown opened his routine with jokes about Obama’s biography as the son a mother from Kansas and a father from Kenya.
“My mother loved a black man and, no, she was not a Kardashian,” the actor said, referencing the reality television family. Khloe Kardashian is married to Los Angeles Laker Lamar Odom. Other family members have had black romantic interests on the E! television series.
Brown also joked about rumors of the president’s birthplace. Obama was born in Hawaii _ “or as the tea partyers call it, Kenya,” he said.
- Quote for the Morning – Tim Pawlenty learns his lesson… (underthelobsterscope.wordpress.com)
- Reggie Brown, Barack Obama Impersonator, Debates Gary Johnson on Fox News (thehollywoodgossip.com)
- Pawlenty: Yeah, I should have gone after Romney (hotair.com)
- Tim Pawlenty Admits Missed Chance In GOP Debate (huffingtonpost.com)
- Pawlenty takes a swing at ‘Obamneycare’ (via CNN Political Ticker) (techweev.com)
- Best of the Web Today: Pawlenty of Nothing (online.wsj.com)
- Now Pawlenty calls Romney a ‘co-conspirator’ on health care reform (dailykos.com)
- Tim Pawlenty Admits Mistake in Not Going After Mitt Romney During Debate (mediaite.com)
- Pawlenty Tries Again (politicalwire.com)
- Pawlenty Eschews Obamneycare (littlegreenfootballs.com)