These people really discuss me..There is a place and a time or they could have shown the special needs kids a little bit more respect….
Interspersed throughout the crowd were dozens of pro-union protesters.
The picketers were present throughout the event, including some holding signs with questionable language.
The horn honking was kept below normal levels, but some continued throughout the speeches by law enforcement and other dignitaries.
Then, as the Governor began to address the Special Olympians, more than a dozen protesters, dressed as Zombies, because in their eyes they are “dead” to Scott Walker, walked to the front of the crowd. They blocked the athletes’ view of the Governor in an attempt to divert attention away from the Special Olympians on onto themselves.
As did the other lawmakers at the event, Walker kept his remarks brief.
Work continues in the legislature on Governor Walker’s two-year budget proposal, and many of the protesters have returned to their “Entitletown” tent city across the street.
- WICONSIN: Union Protesters Disrupt Special Olympics Ceremony (pumabydesign001.wordpress.com)
- Wisconsin Protesters Disrupt Special Olympics Event (foxnews.com)
- Liberals Childishly Disrupt Special Olympics Ceremony (dakotavoice.com)
- It’s come to this: Wisconsin liberals protest Scott Walker at … Special Olympics ceremony (hotair.com)
- Wisconsin Protestors are Disgusting (fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com)
- Special Olympians And The Zombies From Wisconsin’s Public Employee Unions (gadabout-blogalot.com)
- Be Outraged America!!! Special Olympic’s Ceremony Crashed by Union Zombi Thugs in Wisconsin (via Voting American) (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- Be Outraged America!!! Special Olympic’s Ceremony Crashed by Union Zombi Thugs in Wisconsin (votingamerican.wordpress.com)
- Special Olympics competition kicks off (charlotte.news14.com)
- Redmond police participate in Across the State run to support Special Olympics (pnwlocalnews.com)