The US still has about 46,000 troops in Iraq, due to withdraw by January 2012.
Gabriel Gatehouse reports.
- Iraqi cleric warning to US troops (bbc.co.uk)
- Iraq militia to march for US troop withdrawal (ft.com)
- Protests against continued US presence in Iraq; Sadr warns he will mobilize Mahdi army if US forces stays (currencynewshound.wordpress.com)
- Sadr followers send message to US: Don’t try to stay (csmonitor.com)
- “Shia Rally Against US Troops in Iraq, Threaten to Take Up Arms if Troops Don’t Leave by Year-End Deadline” and related posts (mostlywater.org)
- Defense Secretary Presses to Extend U.S. Tenure in Iraq (online.wsj.com)
- Iraqi Shiite Militias Again Pose a Threat as U.S. Forces Leave (nytimes.com)
- Iraqi cleric issues new warning against U.S. troops – Reuters (news.google.com)
- Iraqi cleric issues new warning against US troops – Reuters (news.google.com)
- Al-Sadr followers rally in Iraq against US troops (seattletimes.nwsource.com)