Out of all the tea party favorites Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann is my personal favorite person. Granted she is no Mitt Romney, Rep. Bachmann unlike Newt Gingrich she stand by her positions and will not flip flop. That is the one thing Bachmann has as does Mitt Romney.
What does Bachmann really bring to the table? I will give you an issue she stand on then I will counter her position with an I AGREE or I DIS-AGREE…
#1) Abortion – As a former foster-mother for 23 children, Michele Bachmann understands that each and every child is precious. During her brief tenure in the U.S. Congress, she has been one of the few members to actually try to honestly fight for the rights of the unborn. A lot of Republicans give lip service to the issue of abortion, but once they are in office they do absolutely nothing about it. The truth is that the United States of America is NOT going to survive if we keep killing approximately a million unborn children each year. Michele Bachmann would be the most pro-life president the U.S. has had ever since Roe v. Wade was decided.
(The issue of Abortion is a private and personal one, as long as the TAX payer does not have to have one who am I to say they can not have one) (I DO NOT AGREE)
#2) Health Care – The socialist “health care reform” bill that was rushed through Congress is one of the worst pieces of legislation that America has ever seen. Michele Bachmann has been viciously attacked for fighting against it, but she has not backed down. In fact, she has shown extreme courage by battling to stop a bill that would virtually destroy the health care system in the United States. As demonstrated by the townhall protest and leading to the 2010 mid-term Republican sweep shows the American people do not want this horrific health care bill and want it REPEALED. Michele Bachmann is fighting really hard to keep that from happening.
#3) Carbon Taxes And The Global Warming Fraud – Tens of millions of Americans blindly follow Al Gore, the “eco-prophet” who is trying to “save the environment” by viciously attacking carbon dioxide. Michele Bachmann is one of the few members of Congress who are willing to stand up and tell the truth that carbon dioxide is one of the fundamental building blocks of life on earth and that it is NOT causing global warming.
(I AGREE) this will only cause companies to HIRE LESS PEOPLE.
#4) Gay Marriage – Michele Bachmann supports both a federal and a state constitutional amendment banning same-sex marriage and any legal equivalents. This is very refreshing at a time when even many Republican lawmakers are coming out in favor of gay marriage.
(I DIS-AGREE) If you want to marry a shoe then marry a shoe. Who are we to decide on who can marry who they want?
These are only a few hand picked issues that I personally hand picked…
- Rep. Michele Bachmann, now a three-term congresswoman and tea party favorite who may run for president in 2012 (usapolitics2012.wordpress.com)
- Michele Bachman for president? Among Republicans, she’s more popular than you think. (slate.com)
- Is Michele Bachmann smarter than a N.J. high school sophomore? (lezrec29.wordpress.com)
- Tea Party Favorite Always Rising, Never Compromising (huffingtonpost.com)
- Is Michele Bachmann Smarter Than a 10th Grader? (onebluestocking.wordpress.com)
- High Schooler Challenges Michele Bachmann To Constitutional Facts Test (alternet.org)
- Eye of Newt and Mitt of Romney (geneveith.com)
- Dear GOP: Who will defeat Obama in 2012? (thegabriellahoffman.com)
- No invite for Michele Bachmann to Koch-funded 2012 forum for GOPers (dailykos.com)
- Bachmann Rocks ‘Ruling Class’ With Amens From Tea Party Backers (huffingtonpost.com)