Texas Rep. Ron Paul announced Friday that he will run for the GOP nomination for president in 2012, the third attempt for the man known on Capitol Hill as “Dr. No” for his enthusiasm for bashing runaway spending and government overreach.
“Time has come around to the point where the people are agreeing with much of what I’ve been saying for 30 years. So, I think the time is right,” said the 75-year-old Paul, who first ran for president as a Libertarian in 1988.
- Ron Paul to Run for President (blogs.wsj.com)
- Tea Party godfather Ron Paul declares 2012 bid (msnbc.msn.com)
- BREAKING: Ron Paul to run for president (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- Ron Paul readies another fringe run for President (capitolhillblue.com)
- Aides: Ron Paul plans to run for president again (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Ron Paul running for president a third time, aides say (chron.com)
- Ron Paul Officially Announces 2012 Presidential Bid (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Ron Paul to run for U.S. presidency (cbc.ca)
- Ron Paul to Make “Major” Announcement in New Hampshire Friday May 13 | Ron Paul 2012 | Sound Money, Peace and Liberty (tomhuff.wordpress.com)
- Ron Paul: I’m Presidentin’ Again (minx.cc)