I had the privilege of debating a “TRUE” birth-er today. So you ask what is a true birth-er?
A true birth-er is someone who thinks the Constitution was meant to only hold the posterity of the founding fathers. In this case we have to look back into the 14th amendment of the Constitution here is the text of the 14th amendment(Want to read the FULL text of the 14th Amendment then click here)
Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
Ok so there it is right above…
Even our founding fathers parents were immigrants, my descendants were immigrant at one time. If a woman comes to the United States either legally or illegal and bares child on American soil, then that child is a naturally born citizen. Many people do not agree with this and think it should be changed. But if that is the case then how many of your descendants would be stripped of their citizenship in which case would then strip you of your “naturally” born citizenship. There would be no AMERICA.
- The 14th Amendment and You (bertman007.wordpress.com)
- Freedom for All, Section 1 of the 14th Amendment (roninsjourney.wordpress.com)
- Gov. Bobby Jindal releases his birth certificate (smacktalkradio.wordpress.com)
- The birthers’ constitutional illiteracy (guardian.co.uk)
- Another State Law Possibly Un-Constitutional (lezgetreal.com)
- Constitution 101 (pjh95811.wordpress.com)
- Next immigration fight: ‘anchor babies’ (cnn.com)
- Who’s really eligible to be president? (cnn.com)
- Da Vinci Code ‘Originalism’ (jonathanturley.org)
- Constitutional Amendments That The Republican-Tea Party Want To Abolish Or Alter Part I (justawordfromtheleft.wordpress.com)
- Close the ‘birthright citizenship’ loophole (cnn.com)
- The erosion of the Civil War consensus (salon.com)
- Birthright Citizenship Was the Original Intent (jonathanturley.org)
- Can the 14th Amendment defend itself? (cnn.com)
- CNN’s Don Lemon To Donald Trump: What Would It Matter If Obama Wasn’t Born Here (mediaite.com)