You turn Privacy on you turn Privacy off….WHAT THE HELL IS SO HARD ABOUT THAT?
It turns out, as Tribble took pains to explain, that Franken was conflating two databases, a huge, crowd-sourced one that Apple maintains, and the much smaller subsets downloaded onto each iPhone as they are needed.
- Senator Al Franken Champions Location Privacy (webpronews.com)
- Watch Apple Get Mocked By Al Franken [Video] (gawker.com)
- Apple’s Congressional hearing leads to a couple of facts and laughter (amanwithaphd.wordpress.com)
- Senators press Apple, Google for answers about location tracking (arstechnica.com)
- Senator Al Franken Thinks My Future Is Bright, And I Have The Letter To Prove It (techcrunch.com)
- Senator Al Franken sets hearing on iPhone tracking (janerri.wordpress.com)
- Apple, Google defend privacy policies in front of US Senate (electronista.com)
- Senate Hearing: Apple, Google and the Future of Mobile Privacy (gigaom.com)
- Senate Hearing: Apple, Google and the Future of Mobile Privacy (fakeiitian.com)
- The difference between Apple and Google at the Senate hearings (tuaw.com)
- Apple VP testifies before Congress about location data (macworld.com)