Egyptian Ayman Al Zawahiri, who has been touted widely as the man who will succeed Bin Laden as the head of Al Qaeda, turned his back on his terrorist leader following a prolonged power struggle, according to a Saudi newspaper.
The plot to get rid of Bin Laden began when Zawahiri’s faction persuaded bin Laden to leave the protection of the tribal areas along the Afghan-Pakistan border.
- Osama bin Laden death: al-Qaeda leader killed after he retreated into his room (smacktalkradio.wordpress.com)
- Saudi newspaper claims Zawahiri gave up bin Laden to take over AQ (hotair.com)
- Was bin Laden Betrayed by Internal Al Qaeda “Office Politics” Plot? (themoderatevoice.com)
- Videos show glimpse of bin Laden’s life in hiding (cbsnews.com)
- Will Ayman Al-Zawahiri, Bin Laden’s Heir Apparent, Re-Shape Al Qaeda? (huffingtonpost.com)
- Al Qaeda Confirms Osama Bin Laden’s Death (socyberty.com)
- Raid documents show Bin Laden was in touch with senior Al Qaeda figures (thestar.com)
- Al Qaeda confirms death of Osama bin Laden (nj.com)
- New bin Laden videos show terrorist leader watching himself on TV (nj.com)
- Al-qaeda Vows to Avenge The Death of Osama Bin Laden (socyberty.com)