Obama looses either way regarding the debt ceiling!
- Obama caves and agrees with the Republicans: then his base will crumble even further into oblivion “I don’t see him doing this, his political career is already in shambles”.
- The 14th amendment: Section 4 confirmed the legitimacy of all United States public debt appropriated by the Congress. It also confirmed that neither the United States nor any state would pay for the loss of slaves or debts that had been incurred by the Confederacy. For example, several English and French banks had lent money to the South during the war. In Perry v. United States (1935), the Supreme Court ruled that under Section 4 voiding a United States government bond “went beyond the congressional power.” Section 4 has been cited (during the debate in July of 2011 over whether to extend the U.S. debt ceiling). Obama and the White House have both said that the President will not try the 14th Amendment approach because HE CAN’T RAISE THE DEBT CEILING WITHOUT CONGRESSIONAL APPROVAL MEANING BOTH HOUSES…
- DEFAULT: If the debt ceiling is not raised and the USA defaults then this will be the final nail in Obama’s political coffin. If this happens then while the house Republicans will take a beating politically as well the Republican Presidential Candidates that HAVE not spoke out on the Debt Ceiling will not of course be blamed. Romney for example has played this very smart he simply does not talk about the Debt Ceiling issues his message is focused on Jobs. While the Debt ceiling plays a major part in our economy and some in job creation and Pvt. Sector stability he simply just doesn’t mention it. Michele Bachmann on the other hand has come out saying she WOULD NOT raise the debt ceiling allowing the country to default which makes her very strong with the tea party but the tea party alone will not win her a general election.
So anyway Obama goes he looses, he has had more than enough time to raise the debt ceiling back when the Democrats controlled both houses of congress but instead they played golf, went on many tax payer funded vacations and basically didn’t do shit crap.
- What Is The National Debt Ceiling And How Did It Originate? (conservativetickler.wordpress.com)
- A Debt Ceiling for US and Denmark (tbking.wordpress.com)
- “The truth is that the United States doesn’t need, and shouldn’t have, a debt ceiling. Every other…” (underpaidgenius.com)
- President Obama, Pay Our Bills! (goodolewoody.wordpress.com)
- The Debt Ceiling, A Political Red Herring (kapitalcon.wordpress.com)
- The Debt Ceiling (aphilosopher.wordpress.com)
- Smash the Ceiling (room4truth.com)
- Get Rid of The Debt Ceiling – Update (localpaper.wordpress.com)
- Debt Ceiling Dispute Has Sparks Flying And Bachmann Racks Up Missed Votes: Your Day In Politics (VIDEO) (huffingtonpost.com)
- Debt Ceiling Drama Rages On And Bachmann Hits Back At Pawlenty: Your Day In Politics (VIDEO) (huffingtonpost.com)